An Application for Vote By Mail must be filled in prior to receiving a ballot. This is for a "normal year". Governor Murphy's Executive Order #177 removes the need to request a ballot for the November 3, 2020 General Election ONLY. Please see our home page for details.
Any person providing assistance to the voter in completing the Application for Mail-In Ballot must provide his/her name, address and signature on the application.
Applications are available at the above link, at each municipal clerk’s office or you can request an application by mail by calling (908) 475-6211 no less than 7 days prior to an election.
Mail-In Ballots for all elections in Warren County are available to the county’s registered voters for any reason.
You can also use the Vote "By Mail" program to vote early and in person at the County Clerk’s Office located in the Court House at 413 Second St. Belvidere, NJ 07823 Monday through Friday 8AM to 4:30PM starting with the commencement of mailing out ballots (usually around 6 weeks prior to each election) up to the deadline of 3PM on the Monday before Election Day.
How to Correctly Vote by Mail - Updated for the General Election
Please click here for a 5 minute video on how to fill out your Vote By Mail Ballot.
If you are messenger or a bearer of a Mail-In Ballot for someone else please read the change of law below:
- Any voter may apply for a Mail-In Ballot by Authorized Messenger.
- Messenger shall be a family member or registered voter of Warren County.
- No authorized Messenger can (1) be a Candidate in the election for which the voter is requesting a Mail-In Ballot or (2) serve as messenger for more than three qualified voters per election.
As a bearer, designated by Mail-In Voter to deliver the ballot to the Election Board Office can only carry for three qualified voters and must show proof of identification when submitting the Mail-In Ballots. [N.J.S.A 19:63-4(a) and N.J.S.A 19:63-16(d)(2) as of August 10, 2015 Chapter 84]
For more information on bearers
Completed Applications for Mail-In Ballots, with original signatures, are returned to:
The Office of the County Clerk
413 Second Street
Belvidere, NJ 07823-1500
- Mail-In Ballots are automatically sent to voters for All Elections only if they chose this option on the application. (Section 1)
- Voters will continue to receive ballots for All Elections until the County Clerk’s Office is given written permission to stop or until the voter ceases to vote in four consecutive General Elections.
- FPCA Voters must apply every year.